Career Experience and Clientele Served
Compiling over 37 years of active experience in the market value appraisal, valuation, marketing, and sale of Residential, Rural Residential, Farm, Ranch, Agricultural, and Commercial property, previous and recent clientele include but are not limited to the following:
- Financial Institutions: ATB Financial, Scotia Bank, Bank of Montreal, Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce, TD Canada Trust, Servus Credit Union, Alberta Credit Unions, Farm Credit Corporation, Agriculture Financial Services Corporation, Alberta Farm Credit Stability Program, RBC Royal Bank, HFC, CMHC and others.
- Various Law Firms
- Canada Revenue Agency
- Genworth Financial Canada
- CENTRACT Settlement Services
- Nationwide Appraisal Services Inc.
- Solidifi Values Inc.
- Royal LePage Relocation Services
- Clear Hills County
- Court of Queens Bench: litigation, estate, divorce and property settlement
- Individuals: financial planning, estate disbursement and divorce settlement
- Bankruptcy Trustees
- The Public Trustee for Alberta
Certification and Licensing
Legislation requiring that all real estate appraisers in Alberta be Professionally Certified, Insured, and Provincially Licensed with the Real Estate Council of Alberta became law on October 1, 2004.
I am a Certified, Insured, and Licensed Real Estate Appraiser in the Province of Alberta. I am also a Designated Certified Licensed Member of The Canadian National Association of Real Estate Appraisers (License #0479-16). CNAREA is a professional appraisal association, which requires that designated members adhere to a mandatory continuing education and professional development program. I am presently in compliance with that program and have completed all requirements and regulations. All Designated Members of The Canadian National Association of Real Estate Appraisers must abide by the Uniform Standards of Professional Appraisal Practice (USPAP) as promulgated by the Appraisal Standards Board of the Appraisal Foundation. These standards are the international benchmark of the appraisal profession.
I have completed all of the education, training, and experience requirements for the Market Value Appraiser (MVA), Designated Appraiser Residential (DAR), Certified Appraisal Reviewer, Designated Appraiser Commercial (DAC), and Canadian Personal Property Appraiser (CPPA), professional appraisal designations. I have over 37 years of active experience in the appraisal, valuation, marketing and sale, of Residential, Rural Residential, Commercial, Farm, Ranch, and Agricultural Real Estate.
Real Estate Appraisals
© Copyright 2004-2016 - ROY SOMERS APPRAISALS® - All Rights Reserved 1115